Cir No.G-1 / 26 / 20
|Cir No.G-1 / 26 / 20||11th February 2020|
TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION :Dear Sir,
We would like to inform you that the Govt of Gujarat has amended the Gujarat Garment & Apparel Policy –2017 with effect from 1st February 2020. The said Amended Policy is enclosed herewith for your reference.
We give below the highlights of the Major Amendments in the said Policy:
- Eligibility criteria under the Policy reduced to 75 machines & 150 workers which was 150 machines and 300 workers earlier.
- Direct benefit to Garment industry in line with Plug & Play Scheme where in Garment units can avail 50% assistance in construction of building & shed (excluding land cost) up to Rs. 10 crores per entity. Maximum eligible area per machine shall be 150 Square feet.
- Provision of Ramp-up period of 6 months available to applicants to ensure industry gets maximum benefit of payroll assistance under the Policy.
- Applicant can avail benefit of multiple expansion under the policy.
- Interest, Payroll & Power Incentive and other schemes remains the same with more clarification to avoid ambiguity during implementation.
We would also like to inform you that M/s Wazir Advisors Pvt Ltd 3rd Floor, Building 115, Sctor 44, Gurgaon – 122 002, National Capital Region, India, have been appointed by the Govt of Gujarat for Implementation of this Policy. They will be glad to handhold with the Members who are interested to take this forward. The Contact Person in Wazir Advisors is Mr Krunal Goswami, Consultant – +91 9173361987.